The current trend in Bridal Fashion is of simple elegance. Undone is the new ‘do, and this season offers us a romantic revival of mid-century simplicity with a fresh finish. Our modern brides are trading in elaborate headdresses and veils for sleek twists on classic chignons and super chic headbands. Make-up should be ultra clean. Create a bridal glow with a bare-faced style beauty, or go more dramatic with the oh-so-in red lip and a vintage flair. The key for a stylish bride in 2010 is to look effortlessly polished. Be soft, be touchable, and don’t be afraid to leave a little lipstick on that blushing groom’s cheek!
1. Plan ahead! Start a wedding folio with hair pics that you love. — AND pics that you hate. It helps your stylist, and you, to understand what you desire for your big day, while steering clear of any gaps in communication that could lead to bad prom hair experiences.
2. 6 months- Consult with a few stylists and salons and find one that suits your needs and that of your bridal party. Ask questions! Do they travel? Can they close down the salon for a more private experience? Are there fees for those things? In all of the hub-bub of the day, it will be such a relief knowing your beauty team has planned ahead for you.
3. 3 months- See your stylist and consult about your big day. Go over your folder of images, and get your first trim and color. This will give you the time to fine-tune any changes in the cut or color BEFORE the big day. Make appointments for follow-up services you’ll need before the wedding like shine treatments, glosses or color retouches) (Begin Byu-ti Hair Therapy’s Bio-Niu vitamins for healthy hair that grows twice as fast!)
4. 2 months- Have your hairstyle trial. Take advantage of the fabulous test-run do and plan a fun evening out with the future Mr.!
5. 2-4 weeks- Color & Cut. You’ve got the formulation perfect, and having these services done this far ahead of time allows the color to settle and soften to look more natural and lived in.
6. 2 days- Perform an at-home treatment. Drench hair with a deep conditioner like Pureology’s NanoWorks masque; wrap hair in hot steam towel for 15 minutes. Rinse.
7. 1 day-prepare your hair for your big day by having a blow-dry for your day-before event. Not only will your hair be in the perfect condition for holding your style, you’ll look fabulous at the rehearsal dinner, too!
8. Wedding Day– Do not wash hair (unless recommended by your stylist). Have hair styled as planned.
Ask Andi! For more Bridal hair inquiries, contact Andi@getaDAMNhaircut.com